Print This Page

Category: Bankruptcy and Taxes

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy can save your house from an Illinois Tax Deed or an Illinois Tax Sale

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 in Bankruptcy, Bankruptcy and Taxes, Chapter 13, Illinois

So many of our bankruptcy clients fear losing their house to mortgage foreclosure.  We have done a good […]

Read More

I got a 1099 after my short sale – do I owe taxes?

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 in Bankruptcy and Taxation, Bankruptcy and Taxes

As April 15 approaches, people’s thoughts turn to income tax.  And when they get a form 1099 from […]

Read More

I Just Spent A Large Tax Refund – Can I Still File for Bankruptcy?

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 in Bankruptcy, Bankruptcy and Taxes

  This year’s April 18th deadline for filing taxes is almost here, and that means many of us have […]

Read More

I’ve received a 1099C after my short sale – now what?

Posted on Feb 10, 2011 in Bankruptcy and Taxes

Banks frequently will send you – and the Internal Revenue Service – a form 1099C after you have […]

Read More