Practice SummaryJustin represents debtors in Chapter 7, Chapter 13, Chapter 11, and represents a Chapter 7 Trustee in federal bankruptcy court. Additionally, Justin has appeared and defended foreclosure proceedings and citations to discover assets. Justin is consistently on the cutting edge of consumer bankruptcy practice, including arguing a case that led to a major opinion published concerning the Chapter 13 â€śmeans test,â€ť advancing an argument that was subsequently upheld by the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Northern District of Illinois Bankruptcy Court Liaison Committee (2011-2013; http://www.ilnb.uscourts.gov/bk_liaison_committee/BCLC_Members.pdf)
- American Mensa
- Chicago Bar Association
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees
Justin is a firm believer in helping his community, and so regularly participates in the CARE program, teaching high school and college students the risks, and proper uses, of consumer debt. Justin regularly volunteers for OneBrick, the Center for Economic Progress, and at the LaSalle Street Church’s Breaking Bread ministry. Justin has spoken on consumer bankruptcy at seminars of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, and has an upcoming presentation at the Chicago Bar Association.
- Clerkship at the Office of Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, in her Disability Rights Bureau
- J.D.: DePaul University College of Law
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Sociology: Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
- Consumer bankruptcy
- Foreclosure defense
- Consumer bankruptcy appeals
- J.D. DePaul University College
- B.S. Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville