Recognized for Excellence in Bankruptcy – Your Financial Life-Saver TM
Planning for Bankruptcy in Illinois, Wisconsin
Bankruptcy is a major event in your life. Not only that, but you can only file a bankruptcy case rarely. You can file a bankruptcy under chapter 7 only once every 8 years. Chapter 13 bankruptcy also is subject to limitations. Once you file a chapter 7, you can’t get a chapter 13 discharge for 4 years.
So if you are thinking about filing a bankruptcy case, you’ll want to plan to get the most benefit from it.
Here are some of the planning considerations we think about when representing you:
- What has your income situation been? How does that impact upon the “Means Test”
- How does your financial situation look in the immediate future? Will bankruptcy give you the fresh start you need to have a bright financial future?
- Do you have assets which might be taken in by a bankruptcy trustee? Might there be possible exemption planning which could benefit you and your family? What might you legitimately do to protect your assets before you file a bankruptcy case? What actions might you take that could get you into trouble or cause trouble to your friends or family?
- What is legitimate bankruptcy planning and what might you do that could jeopardize your bankruptcy discharge or subject you to criminal liability.
When things go wrong in bankruptcy, they go very wrong. People who mess up in their bankruptcy could still be liable for some or all of of their debts. Even worse, people who lie in their bankruptcy case could face substantial fines and even imprisonment. Help us help you by telling us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. LakeLaw wants you get the most from your bankruptcy and we’ll do everything we can to keep you and those you care about out of trouble.
Chicago Personal Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Four Steps to Financial Freedom
- Chicago Chapter 7 Lawyers
- Chicago Chapter 13 Law Firm
- Chicago Chapter 11 Attorneys
- Chicago Debt Consolidation Lawyers
- Fight Back Against Creditors and Collection Agencies
- Asset Protection Lawyer in Chicago, Illinois & Wisconsin
- Bankruptcy Litigation Lawyer in Chicago, Illinois & Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Milwaukee Bankruptcy Attorneys for Small Businesses
- Using Chapter 13 Bankruptcy to Save your Home
- Involuntary Bankruptcy Lawyer in Chicago, Illinois & Wisconsin
- Planning for Bankruptcy in Illinois, Wisconsin
- Bankruptcy Resources in Illinois, Wisconsin