Recognized for Excellence in Bankruptcy – Your Financial Life-Saver TM
Chapter 7 Trustee Lawyer in Chicago, Illinois & Wisconsin
Our leader, David Leibowitz, has been appointed by the United States Trustee to serve as a Chapter 7 trustee for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division. David has been a trustee since 1990. During this time, Lakelaw has overseen at least 20,000 cases. He administers cases arising in Cook County, Illinois. He also serves, when appointed, as a chapter 11 trustee. He is available for service as a receiver and as an assignee for the benefit of creditors. Significant cases for which he serves as trustee presently include IFC Credit Corporation, Kevin G. Carney, and Smith Rothchild Corporation.
Mr. Leibowitz is a member of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees and serves as Associate Editor of its publication, NABTalk. He is also a member of the Trustee Advisory Council to the US Trustee’s office in Chicago. Mr. Leibowitz is also the editor-in-chief and a principal author of the American Bankruptcy Institute Fraud Manual.
Presently, David is serving as trustee in the following significant cases:
- IFC Credit Corporation (Top 100 equipment leasing company in liquidation)
- Keystone Mechanical, Inc. (Leading plumbing contractor in liquidation)
- Kevin G. Carney (Accused Ponzi-scheme perpetrator)
- Goldblatt’s Bargain Stores, Inc. (Department store liquidation)
- Michael Lynch (former metal manufacturing executive)
Debtor’s counsel should provide pay advices, tax returns or transcripts, and statements showing the balances in all financial accounts on the date of filing within 7 days prior to the 341 meeting. See Federal Rule of Bankruptcy Procedure 4002(b)(2)(A). Mr. Leibowitz will ordinarily decline to hold a 341 meeting for debtors who do not comply with these requirements.
For a list of frequently asked questions, please click here.
Click on the date for a complete 341 calendar as well as information concerning documents received and required by the trustee. You will also find a table showing cases to be heard, continued dates and status of documents provided to the Trustee. Please review the online calendar before contacting the Trustee.
Trustee Lawyer in Chicago, Illinois & Wisconsin
- Assignee of Benefit of Creditors Lawyer in Chicago, Illinois & Wisconsin
- Chapter 11 Trusteeships Lawyers in Chicago, Illinois & Wisconsin
- Chapter 7 Trustee Lawyer in Chicago, Illinois & Wisconsin
- Receiverships Lawyer in Chicago, Illinois & Wisconsin